Thursday, May 8, 2008

The adventure continues!

Well. It is official. I'm not done going to school. It took me some time to ponder my options and with my life, the kids and husband established, it only seems fitting I keep studying until it is really time for me to move on. So. What will I study? That is yet to be determined! But I'm heading back to school in the fall. Where? Who knows! But I'm going back!

I'm happy with the thought - honestly, when it was graduation day I had many mixed feelings - relief that chapter of my life was over, yet a bit of angst as that chapter was over. I didn't have a plan of action - what would I do when I was finished? Would I work? I suppose I always thought I would, but I also figured it would take me eight years to finish. So. I'm sticking with the original eight year plan - only the next three years will be earning a degree in something else.

Now. Do I go PhD? Or do I do like many others, obtain a second Masters? Well....since I'm not sure what I would do with a PhD. I've decided to go for a second Masters degree. In what, I'm still pondering. MHA or MBA. Quite frankly the MBA will do more for me and I've heard the hospitals on the hill like MBAs.

Yet, what I'm going to do when I'm done with the second masters is really what is driving the boat. Water, boats...see where I'm headed? If you know me well, you'll know what I'm thinking. If you sorta understand my mind and my passions, you may guess and if you don't know me at all...well...don't let it bother you.

Life is good and all is well - we are enjoying our time and I'm looking forward to my three day "working" vacation in Richmond. Ahhhh....bliss....

Until next time, grab a life jacket and hitch a ride....

No comments: