Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wii Fit

Ok. This new balance board and game called Wii Fit is a blast. The kids saw the box on the table and immediately wanted to check it out. Hula Hoop is already a favorite along with running with a partner. We all lack balance but maybe - just maybe this little piece of technology will make us better....who knows...

I struggle with the thought of a video game for fitness - but you know what - if it is fun and different, why not? Would I rather see my kids outside running around and having fun - yeah...and would I rather be taking fitness direction from a real live trainer...yeah...but having this game right in your own home - getting people interacting and moving is running a close second.

When you first log into the Wii Fit - it asks many questions, and assigns you a Mii resembling your body figure...well, my Mii plumped up pretty quick - but you know what I'm really wondering if you do get into shape if your Mii downsizes with you. I'm thinking that is pretty good motivation to see your Mii getting into shape along with you.

I'm thinking I hear a lull - the kids are in bed and my niece just went to take a shower....does this mean the Wii is not being used right now????? I gotta go....I want to figure out how to do the ski jump and make it count!

1 comment:

Summer said...

I so totally want a Wii Fit. I'm hoping the purchasing such an expensive thing would keep me using it.

Right.

I think I'm signing up for Curves and Karate instead:-D Nothing like the prospect of kicking someone's ass to keep you motivated, right? :-D