Friday, July 18, 2008

John McCain doesn't know how to do what?

I heard on the news the other day that John McCain does not know how to operate a computer. Now, I know I am not supposed to believe everything I hear on the news (or should I say trust) but I have strong reason to believe he doesn't have a computer in his personal office. Why? Because he hasn't responded to my letter that I sent via a "fill in the blank" to his office in D.C.

I had convinced myself Senator McCain would reply to my letter as it was filled with much passion and a plea for help. I sat up until 4 AM reading testimony about the abuse of nonprofit organizations which are supposed to serve our veteran's of the armed services. I do not want to admit my disbelief, as I know there are many, many questionable organizations, yet I sat there, reading and re-reading testimony that broke my heart.

I wrote to Senator McCain asking for help, asking for guidance and asking for action to be taken against organizations that use and abuse service members - using them as "front men" to secure funds for one thing and have the board simply turn the other way as money is funneled into roundtrip airfares, country club memberships, bonuses and the like. I wrote to Senator McCain because of his involvement with veteran's affairs and the fact he too is a veteran. I thought I'd at least get something from his office...but now that I know he doesn't use a computer, I know someone in his office didn't feel it necessary to pass on the info. Do I think it will be any different if I send a letter? Perhaps not - but then I won't have an excuse for him not writing back...

Got any ideas who else I should write? Maybe I'll try Senator Obama...I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

found you!!! keep it up and your deep insights will come back! it's summer break, you are allowed to give your mind a break.

i actually saw the interview where McCain admitted that he doesn't own now know how to operate a computer. his wife does that for him. um...ok, go be president of the most powerful country (debatable, i know) and not know about the joys of windows? *wondering*

thanks for thinking of me with the job interview and stuff. hope it works out this time!!

best,
franzi