Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Where is the time going?

I can hardly believe it is the first day of July. The kids have been out of school for three weeks now and while we have accomplished much, it seems as if summer is slipping away! Yet, these past few weeks we are having a ball. The last week of June we enjoyed having a house full of people - we canoed the Rogue, biked to the ice cream store, jumped on the trampoline, went to the movies and had a blast on the lake. Having the cousins was a delight and of course, Janis was in her glory.

We headed to Springfield, IL to hang for a few days to see grandpa and the rest of the cousins and enjoyed a gymnastics/dance recital. Grace did a great job and I think she was the best of the group - she was able to execute multiple back handsprings and kept a smile the entire time. Leaving there I think I had the best pizza in my life. Gabatonis (I think that is how you spell it) - it is worth the trip to Springfield that is for sure.

Leaving Springfield to start our road trip started with a trip to Cozy Dog - there the kids met a man driving the "Mother Road" in his Austin Healy (I am not a car person so I don't know if I'm spelling it right or not) - the kids thought his car was so cool and they were so polite, he let them climb in for a picture. What a way to start our trip - a little history on Route 66 - and then we were off.

We are road tripping it - stopping a places along the way and seeing the sights along the way. I'll write more later - but as it stands, we all still love each other and the kids are actually making the trip without the help of electronic devices......that in and of itself is cool.

No comments: